Agios Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: AGIO)
- Data were featured at the American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting and Exposition.
- Long-term extension data demonstrate that previously reported effects of mitapivat on hemoglobin and transfusion burden were maintained over time.
- Non-regularly transfused patients randomized to mitapivat maintained hemoglobin response for up to 19.5 months. Similarly, 35% of patients who switched from placebo to mitapivat achieved a hemoglobin response, maintained for the duration of follow-up.
- All regularly transfused patients who achieved transfusion-free status with mitapivat treatment maintained the status through the extension study for up to 21.9 months.
- Related Link: Agios' Rare Anemia Drug Application Under FDA Priority Review.
- Price Action: AGIO shares closed at $31.67 on Monday.
- Check out our coverage of the American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting 2021 here.